Work experience placements are planned through well experienced and qualified EBSI Advisors/ Co-ordinators, employers and education institutions. Learners are able to develop their employability skills such as teamwork, problem solving, and communication, together with numeracy, literacy and ICT skills. This gives a clearer understanding of the working world and provides the base for making the right career choices.
There are two processes for finding work placements:
- Own find by the learner or school/college – using this form
- Through EBSI
The full Work Experience placement programme includes:
- Briefing and debriefing sessions for learners, Education Institution/s and Employers
- One week placement matched with identified industry sector
- Support from a designated EBSI Advisor/Co-ordinator
- Health & Safety checks, and child protection assessment of placement
- Access to WebView – a work experience IT management system
- Training on using the WebView system for teaching staff
- Work placement workbook for each learner
- Work Experience Parent’s Guide booklet
- Work placement certificate
- Evaluation by EBSI Advisor, Employer, Education Institution, and Parents/Carers
Access to Webview for teachers log in can be found below.
You will need a PIN to access.