EBSI offer specialist education & skills consultancy services for both the UK and International markets, in the following areas :
- International research and education skills development.
- TVET development and implementation
- Learning and Training solutions
- Working with Government Agencies
- Modelling the delivery of learning
- Sourcing bidding opportunities
- Delivering successful learning programmes
Our highly experienced professional staff has years of experience working with organisations, government agencies and statutory bodies, both in the UK and Internationally.
Technical and Vocational Education Training
EBSI in the UK
Our team of experienced staff and Associate Consultants have worked on developing a variety of TVET projects and centres.
Technical and Vocational Education Training Centres:
The following case studies demonstrate the expertise and high quality skills of EBSI staff and Associate Consultants, working in partnerships with Local Education Authorities (LEAs), Schools, Employers, and the local FE Colleges.
1) Ealing Diploma and Enterprise Centre – The centre provides exciting opportunities for young school learners to access a varied curriculum offering Vocational and Diploma options. Greater emphasis is placed on developing generic skills for employability and/or progression to further and higher education for young learners. Our experienced associate consultant developed and implemented the centre working for the LEA. EBSI (formally E&HEBP) worked in partnership providing specific employer engagement and a wide range of participation activities to support and ensure the delivering of high quality education programmes and enterprise learning and employability skills.
2) Pitstop : EBSI`s Managing Director worked for Windsor Slough EBP and assisted in the set up of Pitstop, which was focused on introducing young people into the ‘world of work’ and help them see the personal qualities required to work successfully in a business environment whilst also valuing the academic curriculum provided in school, college and/or other learning environments. The unit was set up with the support of the local business community with its main focus to work with young people, by capturing their interest in motor vehicles in order to help them make successful links into education, training and employment. Students had hands on car mechanic workshop experience, with additional functional skills and IT workshops. EBSI staff established the business links, as well as established the setup of the infrastructure, timetabling etc.
3) Activate at Sarah Lee was set up in 2000 Activate is located within the Slough offices of the Sara Lee Corporation. EBSI`s Managing Director worked for Windsor Slough EBP, and help to set up Activate at Sarah Lee with the aim of giving young people an alternative form of education from mainstream education. Activate was set up to provide a work related and vocational programme of education for Year 11 students from mainstream education who were at risk of exclusion or who had been excluded. The centre was designed to provide a range of qualifications and extended work experience placements as part of the curriculum. Students who attended usually had challenging behaviour issues and were disaffected from mainstream education and needed a more creative, and alternative approach to education and learning. Students in attendance were encouraged to work on their key skills, including literacy, numeracy, ICT and problem solving, as well as in their other courses related to preparation for working life, and attend work experience. The students attended a one year programme with the focus on reintegrating them into full-time education or vocational training or employment.
Our highly skilled and experienced Associate Consultant has over 25 years experience, expertise and knowledge in Education covering TVET at operational, Senior Management and Educational agency levels as well as Strategic and operational planning.
The following case studies are examples of several International TVET projects in which the EBSI Associate Consultant has worked in the role as senior/lead consultant via the British Council.
1) Kosovo – Associate Consultant working with the Kosovo Ministry of Education, employers and education institutions, on employer engagement to support the changing educational needs for growth and increased employment progression for Kosovo young learners as part of the development of the Country’s economic growth strategies. Facilitating workshops with key stakeholders which focused on developing TVET Centres of Excellence in Kosovo.
2) South Caucuses – (Armenia, Georgia and Azerbaijan) providing advice, support and guidance on the development and implementation of strategic TVET operational manuals for Education Ministries in each country. To increase collaborative involvement and engagement between employers and Vocational Education institutions to support the changing educational needs for growth and increased employment progression in each country. Particularly focused on engaging all levels of learners into a productive workforce, promoting inclusive growth in the countries national and international markets.